Friday 21 October 2011

Is it too much to ask to life swap every now and then?!

In an ideal world I would have unlimited hours to my day, never get tired and have immaculately dressed, well behaved children.
In the real world I have no time, no energy and slightly grubby, cheeky children.
I wouldn't swap them for anything but every now and then it would be nice to dip in to another world then return home.

One day I could try out the celebrity lifestyle. Spend the day shopping, getting a manicure and other trivial things.
The next i could be at home, elbow deep in playdough and unidentified sticky goop.

When that got a bit tedious I could dip in to another life and save a leopard/tiger/insert animal here and then return back to the normality of figuring out dinner.

It would be the best of all worlds. Skimming the surface of everything my younger self wanted to do yet maintaining the commitments my present self made.
Even my 2 year old agrees. Although he does want to be a space ranger so I can see the appeal!

There's not enough lives for the things I want to do and although there is nothing wrong with the life I have every now and then it's nice to escape to the worlds I thought I would inhabit.

No comments:

Post a Comment